Questions and Answers
1. How many does Chalet Chambord sleep?
- Chalet Chambord has 4 double bedrooms and 1 bunk room. 2 bedrooms have double beds and 2 bedrooms have twin beds which can be arranged as doubles, or can be separated into single beds. The bunk room has 2 single bunk beds which are 6ft in length - suitable for both adults and children. Finally there is a double sofa bed in the mezzanine overlooking the lounge area.
In total Chalet Chambord sleeps 12 people.
2. Is the kitchen equipped?
- Chalet Chambord has a large 90cm wide electrical oven with 4 induction rings on the top. It has a full height fridge freezer and a microwave. It also has a Nespresso coffee machine.
3. What facilities do you have for babies?
- Chalet Chambord has 2 travel cots, 2 highchairs and 2 changing mats for babies.
4. Can childcare be organised?
- Childcare may be arranged if there is availability. Please enquire prior to arriving.
- There is also a nursery in Nendaz next to the sports centre ‘Garderie du Petit Bec’ from 18 months, and a nursery in Siviez ‘Garderie Arc-en-Ciel’ from 2 years old. There is a also a baby-sitting service run by the tourist office.
- There is also a Kids Academy in summer and Children’s snow garden in winter.
5. How far is the chalet from the ski lifts?
- Chalet Chambord is located less than 5 minutes drive by car to Nendaz main ski lift, Tracouet Telecabin. There is parking very near to the cable car station. Price to date is 5CHF for the whole day.
6. Do we need to hire a car?
- It is advisable to hire a car as the nearest bus stop is 10-15 minutes walk from the chalet. Also the resorts of Siviez, La Tsoumaz and Thyon-Les Collons are within easy reach as well as the many other attractions of the Four Valleys.
7. Is the road access to Chalet Chambord good?
- In winter the road that Chalet Chambord is located on is cleared regularly and access the chalet is excellent, unlike many chalets in Nendaz where access may be down a steep local road which is rarely cleared of snow.
8. What are the bus services like? Do buses run regularly?
- During the ski season there is a free shuttle bus service that goes round the resort all day. The nearest bus stop is about a 10-15 minute walk from the chalet towards Nendaz. There is also a free bus service from Nendaz resort to Siviez every 30 mins (from 08:00 to 18:00) and is very useful if you don't want to drive, or if you ski over to Siviez and wish to travel by bus back.
9. Is there a local taxi service available?
- There is a local taxi company in Nendaz. Their number is +41 794093215 or alternatively you can email them using this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.